City of Knowledge
Being part of the City of Knowledge implies a commitment to innovation and sustainable development, but it also involves a broad range of benefits designed to make your operations more effective.
Here are some of the direct benefits for affiliates and users recognized by the City of Knowledge:
- Tax and immigration benefits through affiliation to the City of Knowledge Foundation project.
- Telecommunications, IT and educational technology services, including an intelligent high-tech center with the required capacity for teleconferences, distance learning, fast internet connections, and other services.
- A Point of Presence -POP- with direct access to the land portion of 5 International Fiber Optic cables that go across Panama (PAC, SAC, ARCOS, Pan-American and MAYA).
- Infrastructure and buildings in good maintenance condition, easily adaptable to various uses.
- Technical, administrative and consulting services. Constant electricity flow (99.9%) with redundant power supply from the Panama Canal thermal plant located 300 m (328 yards) away in the Miraflores locks.
- Complementary accommodation and catering service.
- Sports and recreation facilities.
- Access to the major higher learning and scientific research centers in the country.
- Access to the Panama Canal Basin, a living laboratory for scientific research and technological innovation on advanced tropical ecosystem management.
- Central location: next to the Panama Canal, 15 minutes from downtown Panama City, 5 minutes from Amador resort and 45 minutes from Colón city, located on the Atlantic entrance to the Panama Canal.
Connectivity in Panama, and particularly in the City of Knowledge, is one of the attractions for organizations operating in our campus.
The City of Knowledge empowers innovating companies that work in areas with great potential, such as Communication and Information Technologies.