Full-Time Technical Specialist for Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Develop English learning training materials. Design curriculum and materials with a focus on EFL students.
- Facilitate technical and intercultural training in formal and non-formal setting to North Americans using participatory methodologies.
- Provide logistical and budgetary planning support for workshops and trainings throughout Panama.
- Provide year-round technical support in rural and indigenous communities that host Volunteers.
- Participate in community meetings during the site development process in preparation of Volunteer arrival.
- Travel 50% in interior visiting volunteers and community and agency counterparts, requiring an ability to drive 4x4 manual transmission on rough roads.
- Provide monitoring and evaluation of the technical training program verbally and written.
- Experience in language teaching methodology and second language learner characteristics.
- Experience in materials development with a focus on ESL/EFL students and programs.
- Experience in basic principles of curriculum design.
- Experience working or studying in a cross-cultural environment.
- Knowledge about Panama’s history and familiarity with Panama’s ethnic groups and culture.
- Strong organizational skills and team player with excellent interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to lead, motivate, counsel and advise adults.
- Able to organize, prepare and run community-based practicum sessions.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English languages.
- Valid driver’s license; ability to drive 4x4, manual transmission.
- Ability to travel, spending 50% of time working in the “interior”/ rural areas sometimes under harsh conditions.
- Computer literate.
- $1,200 to $1,500 per month, health insurance, life insurance, transportation allowance.
If you fulfill the requirements, please email your resume with cover letter in English.